This is a list of all the articles used as reference for calculating the average level of protein, fat, and moisture and the calcium to phosphorus levels (Ca:P) of the common feeder insects that can be fed to Bearded dragons. The feeder insects compared are crickets, Dubia roaches, mealworms and waxworms.
* Values are averages calculated from sources. Expressed as %DM except moisture.
(1) Nutritional composition of five commercial edible insects in South Korea
(2) Edible insects – Future prospects for food and feed security
(3) Effect of sex on the nutritional value of house cricket, Acheta domestica L.
(4) A Panacea for Protein-Deficient-Malnutrition and Food Insecurity in Nigeria
(5) Insects as sources of iron and zinc in human nutrition
(6) Feed Conversion, Survival and Development, and Composition of Four Insect
(7) Nutritional and sensory quality of edible insects
(8) Complete nutrient content of four species of commercially available feeder insects fed enhanced diets during growth
(9) The evaluation of the potential of Tenebrio molitor, Zophobas morio, Naophoeta cinerea, Blaptica dubia, Gromphardhina portentosa, Periplaneta americana, Blatta lateralis, Oxyhalao duesta and Hermetia illucens for use in poultry feeds
(10) The Yellow mealworm as a novel source of protein
(11) Nutritional value of mealworms, Tenebrio molitor as food source
(12) Potential of field crickets meal (Gryllus bimaculatus) in the diet of African catfish (Clarias gariepinus)
(13) An evaluation of the nutrients and some anti-nutrients in silkworm
(14) An investigation into the chemical composition of alternative invertebrate prey
15) Nutrient composition of Blaptica dubia (Order Blattodea) as an alternative protein source
17) Insects as food – Something for the future
18) The evaluation of the potential of Tenebrio molitor, Blatta lateralis, Blaptica dubia, Hermetia illucens and Naupheta cinerea for human consumption
19) Complete nutrient content of four species of feeder insects
Ad Blocking Browser Extension
please consider deactivating it for this website.
Also see our Ads Policy.